Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life interruptus


Things that happened while writing my first post.

I had to stop and look at this cool praying mantis by my back door.

As soon as I logged onto blogspot and set up the blog, my husband came into the room where I was sitting and made five phone calls. In a row. He talked loud. And then he turned on ESPN. He told me how his fantasy football team was doing and that he was worried about a friend. He asked me what I was doing.

I moved with my laptop to the kitchen. My daughter came in and said, "What are you doing?" She told me about where she had just been (to learn about a college) and about the tough Calculus problem she was trying to solve.

My mother called. She said she was at a Peter Frampton concert, even though she is 70 years old. She said she remembered when I played those songs OVER AND OVER in my room. She held the phone up so I could hear. Then she said she had to get back to the concert, intermission was over.

I typed an email to my friend Carroll and thanked her for encouraging me to start a blog, even though I had only written half a sentence. She wrote back an encouraging note. What would we middle-aged women be without girlfriends?

My son came in the room. He said, "What are you doing?" I told him. He made cookies and washed the pans and then asked to be tucked in. Which he still likes me to do sometimes, even though he is 15. I love that.

OK, I admit it. I love life interruptus and I got the post written anyway.


1 comment:

  1. OK... I'm cracking up over the painting story. And, you're right, the painting is pretty awful, but, hey, you learned some REALLY important things about yourself -- only some of which had to do with watercolor. Heck, I'm impressed you had the courage to take the class -- I'm still afraid to pick up a paintbrush! You've definitely inspired me -- I think I can do at least THAT well... Love ya!

    ReplyDelete